This is a 18A Brushless ESC with firmware by Simon Kirby (available here: https://github.com/sim-/tgy
New firmware means direct, linear throttle response, making it suitable for multicopter use.
ESCs ship with firmware which can be
upgraded by using TURNIGY or Afro USB Linker. More details about firmware
upgrade process is available here: http://www.abusemark.com/downloads/rapidesc_update.pdfNOTE
: This firmware does NOT check battery voltage or ESC temperature. Always use a LiPo alarm and monitor pack voltage while using.NOTE
: These are not I2C ESCs and as such are not directly compatible with Mikrokopter-style interface, however they can be used with I2CPWM converter with MK hardware.
- Constant Current: 18A
- 16MHz crystal - 16kHz PWM frequency
- Immediate translation of input PWM duty into motor control, no smoothing or delay
- Throttle range calibration available
- Firmware update by USB adapter (not included)
- Battery: 2-4S Lipoly / 5-12s NiXX
- BEC: NO BEC
- Motor Type: Sensorless Brushless
- Size: 12w x 23h x 5d mm
- Weight: 5.1g
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 04 August, 2015.