This adapter allows connecting 2048x1536 "retina" iPad 3/4 (see below for compatibility) LCD panels to any PC/Mac with DisplayPort (or DisplayPort Mini with appropriate cable). It provides switchable panel power, and switchable/dimmable backlight. New board design allows easier mounting behind panel using double-sided foam tape.
Just to make sure this is very clear, this adapter will NOT work with HDMI connectors, will NOT work with HDMI to DisplayPort adapters (passive or active), and will most likely NOT work with USB3.0 to DisplayPort adapters (some work, depending on attached panel, but some don't).
NOTE: FPC connector which attaches the panel to adapter board is VERY fragile. User must be very careful lifting up the connector tab and pushing it back into place. See manual for pictures. Sorry, but any requests regarding broken connector will not be handled. You broke it, you deal with it. Use some strong tape to fix the cable in place.
Product is in stock. New Mini-Displayport option available, choose below.
New alternative firmware release 01/31/2015 - serial console is enabled over the USB port. Requires driver on Windows (see below for downloads), but not on Lunix/MacOS.
- USB or 5V-powered (separate connector). 1.35A total current draw, so use with high power USB port or external 5V source.
- STM32F103CB 32-bit Cortex M3 MCU with native USB for firmware update and power/brightness/etc control
- Dual TI TPS61187 WLED drivers
- Buck DC/DC converter for panel power
- Dimmable/controllable RGB led
- One push button (power + overloaded function on long press)
- Firmware upgrade over USB (DFU)
- 80x40mm PCB allows easy mounting behind LCD panel, with DP + USB/power connector on the side.
- Designed and assembled in Japan
Documentation and firmware
Connection, usage, firmware update manual is available: DOWNLOAD
User projects gallery
This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 04 May, 2013.