This adapter allows connecting 7.9" 2048x1536 "retina" iPad Mini 2/3 (see below for compatibility) LCD panels to any PC/Mac with Mini DisplayPort (or DisplayPort with appropriate cable). It provides switchable panel power, and switchable/dimmable backlight.
Product is in stock, new Mini-Displayport version.
- USB or 5V-powered (separate connector). 0.5A total current draw at max brightness.
- Mini DisplayPort connector [rev1 update]
- STM32F103CB 32-bit Cortex M3 MCU with native USB for firmware update and power/brightness/etc control
- TI TPS61187 WLED driver
- Buck DC/DC converter for panel power
- Dimmable/controllable RGB led
- One push button (power + overloaded function on long press)
- Firmware upgrade over USB (DFU)
- 52x34mm PCB
- Pushbutton can be connected externally, to make it easier to mount inside case/etc.
- Designed and assembled in Japan
Compatible Video Cards
- WARNING: These panels WILL NOT WORK with onboard Intel graphics, regardless of operating system. Do NOT buy if intend to use with Intel Graphics. IF anyone from Intel wants to figure out what the problem is, I will gladly send a board.
- Everything else: OK
- Panels for iPad Mini Retina A1489 or A1490
- LG LP079QX1-SPxx (xx can be any number)
- Most likely any 7.9" panel with 34-pin 0.4mm pitch connector
Documentation and firmware
Manual for this board is not complete yet, but firmware portion is identical to dpadapter: DOWNLOAD
This product was added to our catalog on Sunday 12 April, 2015.