This adapter allows connecting 9.7" 1536x2048 "retina" iPad Air (see below for compatibility) LCD panel to any PC/Mac with Mini DisplayPort (or DisplayPort with appropriate cable). It provides switchable panel power, and switchable/dimmable backlight.
The advantage of LP097QX2 panel is better brightness, expanded color gamut, slightly lower power consumption, and lower weight (mostly plastic construction instead of aluminum). These panels should be available for similar prices to LP097QX1 (Ipad3/4) panels.
NOTE: These adapters are delivered with main and button board connected by a PCB bridge. Carefully break them apart to use separately.
Product is in stock.
- USB or 5V-powered (separate connector). 1.3A total current draw at max brightness.
- Mini DisplayPort connector
- STM32F103CB 32-bit Cortex M3 MCU with native USB for firmware update and power/brightness/etc control
- TI TPS61187 WLED drivers
- Buck DC/DC converter for panel power
- Dimmable/controllable RGB led
- One push button (power + overloaded function on long press)
- Firmware upgrade over USB (DFU)
- Pushbutton and LED PCB is connected externally to make it easier to mount inside case/etc.
- Designed and assembled in Japan
- Panels for iPad Air (I think 1st generation)
- LG LP097QX2-(SP)(AV)
Documentation and firmware
Manual for this board is not complete yet, but firmware portion is identical to dpadapter: DOWNLOAD
For firmware update on unsupported or niche OS, one might be able to use DFU-UTIL from http://dfu-util.gnumonks.org/
. Firmware for this board is same as full-size DPONLY for QX1 panels.
This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 14 May, 2016.