This is a protocol converter designed to allow using standard ESC (Motor Controller) with I2C-based flight controllers such as MikroKopter. This converter uses ST chip for precise hardware PWM output.
STATUS: Product IN STOCK.
- I2C input from Mikrokopter or similar Flight Control supporting same I2C protocol
- NEW I2C input from LotusRC T580 Flight Control (only supports 4 motors in this configuration)
- output PWM signal suitable to standard motor controllers
- supports 4 or 6 or 8 or 3 motor configuration
- Configurable PWM frequency from 100 to 500Hz
- Configurable emergency throttle in event of I2C disconnection
- Configurable PWM pulse start / end points for custom ESC
- Serial-console for configuration and firmware upgrade
- Bind-plug feature to automatically calibrate all connected ESCs
- Power by LiPo (up to 4S tested), 5V from 1st ESC (default), or external 5V from FC
Users from EUROPE who would like faster shipping inside EU can order the same product here: http://mikrokopter.altigator.com/i%C2%B2c-to-pwm-converter-for-standard-controllers-i2c2pwm-p-40611.html
i2c_conv_st-2011.04.21.zip Latest standard firmware (Mikrokopter and compatible)
i2c_conv_st-2011.05.19-T580.zip Latest T580-compatible firmware
Firmware update utility and update instructions
Converter programming example for dsPIC33F (applicable to any other micro)
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 15 March, 2011.